May 12th is the 26th annual National Association of Letter Carriers’ Stamp Out Hunger® Food Drive!
We need your help receiving and sorting donations. The following shifts are available.
- 10a-3p: Need 14 people will need to have an SUV or pickup with a cap or cover (7 trucks, 7 drivers, 7 helpers)
- 12:30p-3p: 3 people at the Salem Post Office (1 will drive)
- 12p-3p: 35 people at the Sharing Center
- 3p-6p: 35 people at the Sharing Center
Children of all ages are welcome but must be able to work side by side with their parents.
SIGN UP BY CLICKING HERE
Thank you for all you do to make our community a better place!
Joe Hamlett, Benefit specialists with the ADRC will be at the Sharing Center to help answer questions and solve problems related to any public benefits such as Social Security, Medicaid, other health insurances and public benefits for people age 60+ and adults (age 18-59) with a physical or cognitive disability or a mental illness.
Monday (11-6-17) at 11:30AM
Representatives from UMOs will be HERE at The Sharing Center on Every 3rd Monday, starting in October from 11am to 12pm, taking on-site applications for the 2017 heating season
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU:
- Photo ID
- Social Security Numbers and Birth Dates for everyone living in the household on the day of application.
- Current Heat and Electric Bill. Lease or letter from landlord only if your heat and/or electric are included in your rent
- Name and phone number of landlord, if you rent
- Verification of all gross income (before taxes and deductions) for everyone in the household for the previous three months.
- Bank statements are NOT accepted as verification of income.
- Pay stubs/printout for wages, workers compensation, unemployment compensation, child support paid and received and W-2
- Current award letters for Social Security benefits and VA benefits · 1099 for pensions and dividends
- Most recent income taxes with all schedules, W2’s and 1099’s
- Know if your water heater is gas or electric
Additional information may be required for other circumstances (ie: self-employed, paid cash, non-working adult)
Flood Relief is Here
If you need a break from the stress and trauma from the Fox River flooding, help is here. The Sharing Center is providing space for acupuncturist Linda Stengel to give free treatments to reduce the trauma induced by the recent flooding. A member of Acupuncturists Without Borders, Linda is trained to respond to disaster survivors, first responders, and others impacted by the flood. Using small needles place in the ear, these treatments help rebalance the nervous system so you can sleep, think and begin to heal and move forward after the devastating events.
Stay for five minutes or for 15 minutes, you will feel better and begin to cope with what Mother Nature has brought.
Sessions will be available at The Sharing Center Wednesdays from 1:30-3pm beginning August 16.
Residents in the Village of Salem Lakes who sustained sewer damage during the recent flooding please call (262) 843-2313 to report those damages, Monday-Friday, 8 AM to 4 PM.
Village of Salem Lakes
Sewer Utility Office
9814 Antioch Road, P.O. Box 446
Salem, WI 53168
If you are in need of help from the Sharing Center outside of normal business hours please call 262-298-5538 or email Director@TheSharingCenter.net