Representatives from UMOs will be HERE at The Sharing Center on Every 3rd Monday, starting in October from 11am to 12pm, taking on-site applications for the 2017 heating season
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU:
- Photo ID
- Social Security Numbers and Birth Dates for everyone living in the household on the day of application.
- Current Heat and Electric Bill. Lease or letter from landlord only if your heat and/or electric are included in your rent
- Name and phone number of landlord, if you rent
- Verification of all gross income (before taxes and deductions) for everyone in the household for the previous three months.
- Bank statements are NOT accepted as verification of income.
- Pay stubs/printout for wages, workers compensation, unemployment compensation, child support paid and received and W-2
- Current award letters for Social Security benefits and VA benefits · 1099 for pensions and dividends
- Most recent income taxes with all schedules, W2’s and 1099’s
- Know if your water heater is gas or electric
Additional information may be required for other circumstances (ie: self-employed, paid cash, non-working adult)
August 6th, Sunday at 12 PM – 5 PM
Learn More: https://www.facebook.com/events/500178910323684/
August 3rd, 11am – 10pm
Residents in the Village of Salem Lakes who sustained sewer damage during the recent flooding please callreport those damages, Monday-Friday, 8 AM to 4 PM.
Village of Salem Lakes
Sewer Utility Office
9814 Antioch Road, P.O. Box 446
Salem, WI 53168
If you are in need of help from the Sharing Center outside of normal business hours please call 262-298-5538 or email Director@TheSharingCenter.net
The Sharing Center is offering support to all families who may have been impacted in western Kenosha County by the heavy rains and flooding. Please contact the Center at 262-298-5535 or by email email@example.com, or stop in for assistance. Assistance can include food, clothing, housewares, cleaning supplies, bedding, etc.
Options for Flood Relief Funding
Catholic Financial Life: email firstname.lastname@example.org for an electronic application or call to have an application mailed to you. Applications available now, deadline is 9/15, disbursement by 10/31/17.
Kenosha County Community Development Block Grant Loan Program
Income eligible residents call 1-800-552-6330 or 920-392-5142. Sue Koehn will take calls and send applications to income eligible families.
This is a 0% interest loan as long as you live in the home.
- Repair or replace heating systems, water heaters and plumbing systems
- Replace windows and doors
- Fix roofing
- Make electrical upgrades
- Connect water and sewer lines
- Replace siding and make porch repairs
- Improve handicapped accessibility
- Funds can also be used for down payment and closing cost associated with home purchase
- Funds can be available for Landlords that rent to income eligible tenants
|One person household||$39,050|
|Two person household||$44,600|
|Three person household||$50,750|
|Four person household||$55,750|
Applications are accepted on a first come first serve bases
Weatherization Assistance Program
The Weatherization assistance Program through Racine Community Action Agency provides services to low and moderate income homeowners and renters in the Racine and Kenosha County area. Possible services are:
- Attic and sidewall insulation
- Crawlspace and foundation insulation
- Heating system repair or replacement
- Refrigerator upgrade
- Installation of bath and roof venting and
- Light bulb replacement
Clients must 1st apply and be approved by Energy Assistance.
Kenosha County residence calls and applies to: United Migrant Opportunity Services (UMOS) at 262-657-2160 or by going to their office located at 1330 52nd St., Kenosha WI 53140.
US Small Business Administration “SBA”
Deadline to submit applications for physical property damage is October 17
Program Administrator: Linda McMahon
SBA Customer Service Center 800-659-2955
Electronic loan Application – https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela.
Loan applications can be downloaded at: www.sba.gov/disaster
Varying interest rates
Loans up to $200,000 are available to homeowners to repair or replace disaster-damaged or destroyed real estate.
Homeowners and renters are eligible for loans up to $40,000 to repair or replace damaged or destroyed personal property.
USDA Single Family Program
There are income restrictions, but they offer low-interest loans and grants.
Check eligible area online: https://eligibility.sc.egov.usda.gov/eligibility/welcomeAction.do then go to eligibility, single-family, put in the address of the house and see if it is in an eligibly area. If so, call Luann at 920-266-4670 and she will assist in the next steps of determining eligibility.
Fox River Flood Mitigation Program
Acquires dwellings to demolish and then they become open space. For Buy-Out Information call the Kenosha County Housing Authority, 262-857-1843
Land Quest Home Improvement
Land Quest located at 4419 Washington Rd., Kenosha WI, 262-658-1400 has a loan program for people that are over the governmental income requirements.
County Executive News Releases:
During the months of August and September Familia Dental will be at the Sharing Center conducting oral hygiene demonstrations.
Child Focused – Back-to-school
- August 9th: 130 – 330pm
- August 23rd: 130 – 330pm
- August 30th: 130-330pm
Senior Focused – Senior September
- September 6th: 12-3pm
- September 27th: 12-3pm
The 25th annual Letter Carriers’
Stamp Out Hunger® Food Drive
-Saturday, May 13, 2017-
The 25th annual National Association of Letter Carriers Food Drive is fast approaching and we need your help.
The food the Center receives from our community in this one day event is enough to stock our pantry for the entire summer.
Can you help? From noon until 5pm, we need 70 volunteers in two shifts to help weigh, sort and stock this mega donation! Stay for a few hours, or stay the afternoon.
Service groups, church groups, National Honor Society members, families with children of all ages, all Scouts, sports teams, neighbors, friends and family are all welcome.
We thank you in advance for your help! Please spread the word and help us May 13th. It is an experience you will not soon forget.
25700 Wilmot Rd.
Trevor, WI 53179
Call or Email to Register: