Calendar of Events

Find our online calendar here:


Posted in Drive, Fundraisers, Holiday, Volunteer | Comments Off on Calendar of Events

Stamp Out Hunger 2019

May 12th is the 26th annual National Association of Letter Carriers’ Stamp Out Hunger® Food Drive!

We need your help receiving and sorting donations. The following shifts are available.

  • 10a-3p: Need 14 people will need to have an SUV or pickup with a cap or cover (7 trucks, 7 drivers, 7 helpers)
  • 12:30p-3p: 3 people at the Salem Post Office (1 will drive)
  • 12p-3p: 35 people at the Sharing Center
  • 3p-6p: 35 people at the Sharing Center

Children of all ages are welcome but must be able to work side by side with their parents.


Thank you for all you do to make our community a better place!
Posted in Drive | Comments Off on Stamp Out Hunger 2019

FREE Insurance Enrollment Assistance

FREE  BadgerCare & Marketplace Enrollment Assistance

Certified Application Counselor On-Site

Sharing Center—Trevor
Wednesday, Dec. 6th

Western kenosha Walk-In Enrollments Flyer

Image result for marketplace insurance enrollment 2018

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off on FREE Insurance Enrollment Assistance

ADRC Benefit Specialist

Joe Hamlett, Benefit specialists with the ADRC will be at the Sharing Center to help answer questions and solve problems related to any public benefits such as Social Security, Medicaid, other health insurances and public benefits for people age 60+ and adults (age 18-59) with a physical or cognitive disability or a mental illness.

Monday (11-6-17) at 11:30AM

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off on ADRC Benefit Specialist

Free Smoke Detector

Smoke detectors should be replaced every 10 years!

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off on Free Smoke Detector

Energy Assistance

Representatives from UMOs will be HERE at The Sharing Center  on Every 3rd Monday, starting in October from 11am to 12pm, taking on-site applications for the 2017 heating season


  1. Photo ID
  2. Social Security Numbers and Birth Dates for everyone living in the household on the day of application.
  3. Current Heat and Electric Bill. Lease or letter from landlord only if your heat and/or electric are included in your rent
  4. Name and phone number of landlord, if you rent
  5. Verification of all gross income (before taxes and deductions) for everyone in the household for the previous three months.
  • Bank statements are NOT accepted as verification of income.
  • Pay stubs/printout for wages, workers compensation, unemployment compensation, child support paid and received and W-2
  • Current award letters for Social Security benefits and VA benefits · 1099 for pensions and dividends
  1. Most recent income taxes with all schedules, W2’s and 1099’s
  2. Know if your water heater is gas or electric

 Additional information may be required for other circumstances (ie: self-employed, paid cash, non-working adult)



Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off on Energy Assistance

Acupuncturists Without Borders

Flood Relief is Here
If you need a break from the stress and trauma from the Fox River flooding, help is here.  The Sharing Center is providing space for acupuncturist Linda Stengel to give free treatments to reduce the trauma induced by the recent flooding.  A member of Acupuncturists Without Borders, Linda is trained to respond to disaster survivors, first responders, and others impacted by the flood. Using small needles place in the ear, these treatments help rebalance the nervous system so you can sleep, think and begin to heal and move forward after the devastating events.
Stay for five minutes or for 15 minutes, you will feel better and begin to cope with what Mother Nature has brought.
Sessions will be available at The Sharing Center Wednesdays from 1:30-3pm beginning August 16.
Image result for Acupuncturists Without Borders
Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off on Acupuncturists Without Borders

Western Kenosha County Flood Victims Fundraiser

August 6th, Sunday at 12 PM – 5 PM

Learn More:

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off on Western Kenosha County Flood Victims Fundraiser

Pints w/a Purpose Flood Relief Fundraiser

August 3rd, 11am – 10pm

Learn More:

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off on Pints w/a Purpose Flood Relief Fundraiser

Sewer Damage

Residents in the Village of Salem Lakes who sustained sewer damage during the recent flooding please call (262) 843-2313 to report those damages, Monday-Friday, 8 AM to 4 PM.

Village of Salem Lakes
Sewer Utility Office
9814 Antioch Road, P.O. Box 446
Salem, WI  53168
(262) 843-2313

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off on Sewer Damage