What We Do
- Emergency Food Pantry ~ Provides nutritious food for low income qualified Kenosha County residents
- Cupboard Bound(CSFP) ~ “Senior Box” supplemental food for seniors who meet the income guidelines
- Senior Dining
- Healthy Snack Program ~ Providing elementary school children with healthy snacks
- Winter Outerwear~ For men, women, and children, October through January
- Free Household Items ~ Small kitchen appliances and linens
- Emergency Services Referrals ~ Referral to other community programs available in Kenosha County and Southeastern Wisconsin
- Back-to- School Supplies ~ Free school supplies to families in mid-August
- Holiday Support ~ Thanksgiving and Christmas assistance
- Division of Aging and Disability ~ information and referrals
- Prescription Co-Pay Relief ~ in collaboration with ELCA Urban Outreach Center
The pantry is stocked through a combination of government contributions, food reclamation programs, on-site and local gardens, grants, and directly from the caring individuals, businesses, church groups, youth groups, and civic organizations through food drives and charitable contributions. Without the support of the community, the Center could not meet the ever growing demand for services. Donations from the community keep the shelves stocked and the doors open! THANK YOU!
The mission of the Sharing Center is to provide basic needs and empower people in their transition to independence.