Emergency Services-Flood Help

The Sharing Center is offering support to all families who may have been impacted in western Kenosha County by the heavy rains and flooding. Please contact the Center at 262-298-5535 or by email director@thesharingcenter.net, or stop in for assistance. Assistance can include food, clothing, housewares, cleaning supplies, bedding, etc.

Options for Flood Relief Funding

Catholic Financial Life: email wecaregrant2017@gmail.com for an electronic application or call 262.551.8289 to have an application mailed to you. Applications available now, deadline is 9/15, disbursement by 10/31/17.

Kenosha County Community Development Block Grant Loan Program

Income eligible residents call 1-800-552-6330 or 920-392-5142. Sue Koehn will take calls and send applications to income eligible families.

This is a 0% interest loan as long as you live in the home.

  • Repair or replace heating systems, water heaters and plumbing systems
  • Replace windows and doors
  • Fix roofing
  • Make electrical upgrades
  • Connect water and sewer lines
  • Replace siding and make porch repairs
  • Improve handicapped accessibility
  • Funds can also be used for down payment and closing cost associated with home purchase
  • Funds can be available for Landlords that rent to income eligible tenants

Income Guidelines:

One person household $39,050
Two person household $44,600
Three person household $50,750
Four person household $55,750

Applications are accepted on a first come first serve bases

Weatherization Assistance Program

The Weatherization assistance Program through Racine Community Action Agency provides services to low and moderate income homeowners and renters in the Racine and Kenosha County area. Possible services are:

  • Attic and sidewall insulation
  • Crawlspace and foundation insulation
  • Heating system repair or replacement
  • Refrigerator upgrade
  • Installation of bath and roof venting and
  • Light bulb replacement

Clients must 1st apply and be approved by Energy Assistance.

Kenosha County residence calls and applies to: United Migrant Opportunity Services (UMOS) at 262-657-2160 or by going to their office located at 1330 52nd St., Kenosha WI 53140.

US Small Business Administration “SBA”

Deadline to submit applications for physical property damage is October 17

Program Administrator: Linda McMahon

SBA Customer Service Center 800-659-2955

Electronic loan Application – https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela.

Loan applications can be downloaded at: www.sba.gov/disaster

Varying interest rates

Loans up to $200,000 are available to homeowners to repair or replace disaster-damaged or destroyed real estate.

Homeowners and renters are eligible for loans up to $40,000 to repair or replace damaged or destroyed personal property.

USDA Single Family Program

There are income restrictions, but they offer low-interest loans and grants.

Check eligible area online: https://eligibility.sc.egov.usda.gov/eligibility/welcomeAction.do  then go to eligibility, single-family, put in the address of the house and see if it is in an eligibly area. If so, call Luann at 920-266-4670 and she will assist in the next steps of determining eligibility.

Fox River Flood Mitigation Program

Acquires dwellings to demolish and then they become open space.  For Buy-Out Information call the Kenosha County Housing Authority, 262-857-1843

Land Quest Home Improvement

Land Quest located at 4419 Washington Rd., Kenosha WI, 262-658-1400 has a loan program for people that are over the governmental income requirements.

County Executive News Releases:


This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.