Does your organization already host an event? How about doing double duty and offering a discount for a food donation to the Sharing Center.
Example: Donate 1 can of food = $1 off admission/ticket price
Collect food, paper goods, personal hygiene items, toys, school/art supplies, or cleaning products.
Contact us for a list of our greatest needs!
We thank you for your interest in hosting a food drive.
The Sharing Center food pantry is committed to supporting the health and well-being of our clients and our community by offering healthier food choices at our pantry. Please assist in stocking our food pantry shelves with more nutritious foods and limiting donations of less nutritious foods.
Please consider giving more of the following foods:
Fruits and vegetables
- Fresh or canned vegetables, low- or no-salt added
- Carrots, sweet potatoes, corn, green peas, lima beans, asparagus, beets, green beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, mixed vegetables, etc.
- Fresh or canned fruit in 100% juice, or no sugar added
- Applesauce, no sugar added
- Dried fruit, no sugar added
- 100% fruit juice
- 100% vegetable juice
- Low-fat or non-fat shelf stable milk, powdered or UHT
- Low-fat soy milk, unflavored
- Low fat pressurized cheese made from milk, non-refrigerated
- Whole-grain and enriched pasta
- Brown or wild rice
- Whole-grain cold cereals with low sugar
- Whole-grain hot cereals, oatmeal, Cream of wheat, grits
- Whole-grain crackers
- Corn or whole-grain tortillas, non-refrigerated
- Whole-grain granola bars
Protein food items
- Fresh or canned meats and fish packed in water (chicken, tuna, salmon, sardines, etc.)
- Canned beans, low-sodium
- Dried beans/peas (black beans, black-eye peas, chickpeas (garbanzo beans), kidney beans, navy beans, lentils, etc.)
- Nuts and seeds, low- or no-salt added (almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, pecans, etc.)
- Nut butter (peanut, almond)
- Spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, low- or no salt added
- Canned and shelf-stable soups and broths, low- or no salt-added
- Cooking oils such as olive, vegetable, or canola oil
Please limit donations of the following foods:
- Sugary drinks (soda, fruit-flavored drinks, energy/sports drinks, sweetened teas, etc.)
- Unhealthy snacks (chips, cookies, and other foods high in fat, sodium, sugar, calories)
Please do not donate: rusty or unlabeled cans, or outdated/expired products.